- Three-cable, high-tension system.
- Pre-stretched (recommended) or standard cable options.
- Wave-shaped slot designed to help lower deflections.
- Aesthetically pleasing design.
- Cables aligned within body of the post.
The slot and post are designed to help lower deflections as shown in crash tests by minimizing the length of unsupported cables. CASS® C-Channel is tested to NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3, EN 1317 N2 and H1.
Assembly & Maintenance
- Posts can be driven, placed in driven steel sleeves, or placed in steel sleeves set in concrete footings.
- Pre-stretched and tensioned cables require once yearly maintenance.*
- Cables available in convenient preassembled 1,000′ lengths (305 meters).
- Does not use interwoven cables.
*After an impact, the product must be inspected and evaluated per the direction of the specifying roadway authority. The ultimate decision on reparability rests with the specifying roadway authority and/or state DOT.