- Self-supporting steel nose, custom cut-out available.
- Monorail guide shims to stabilize the diaphragms.
- Footprint is 25% less for TL-2 and 3’ less for TL-3 than the original QuadGuard®.
- High strength Quad-Beam™ panels.
- Does not use anchoring chains or tension cables.
- Compact, modular design tested to speeds from 25 mph (40 km/h) to 62 mph (100 km/h).
The QuadGuard® II, as a member of the QuadGuard® family of crash cushions, consists of many of the same components as the QuadGuard.
Assembly & Maintenance
- Damaged cartridges are replaceable.
- Monorail base does not use anchoring chains or tension cables.
- Anchorage options include asphalt, concrete, and soil-drive pile.
- Potentially reusable after an impact within NCHRP Report 350 crash test standards.*
Back-Up Structure and Attachments
- Simplified backups – Tension strut or concrete
- Bridge pier(s) and parapet(s)
- Square block(s)
- Temporary and permanent concrete barrier(s)
*After an impact, the product must be inspected and evaluated per the direction of the specifying roadway authority. The ultimate decision on reusability rests with the specifying roadway authority and/or state DOT.